Byron Baby oils use a base of Macadamia nut oil sourced from the east coast of Australia. Naturally occurring Omega fatty acids and a low comedogenic rating make it a beautifully nourishing carrier oil for young and mature skin.
Benefits of Macadamia oil
- One of the closest oils to the sebum produced by skin, it is absorbed beautifully and never leaves you feeling greasy
- Non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores
- Hypoallergenic - Low irritation and the least allergenic of all nut oils
- Rich in Vitamin E to assist with stretch marks and scars
- High in Omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids to promote skin elasticity
Kangaroo Paw flower
All Byron Baby products use a touch of oil made from Kangaroo Paw flower, infused into the carrier oil using a natural process. These distinctive, native flowers have powerful anti-inflammatory properties to protect and repair skin. It’s wonderfully hydrating so fantastic for after sun use.
This essential oil is extracted from the stems and branches of the Fragonia tree through an all-natural steam distillation process, producing a subtle floral aroma. Unlike many other essential oils, Fragonia is gentle on the skin and has been shown to have both anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, and can boost the immune system when used in aromatherapy.
Honey myrtle offers a beautifully fresh, uplifting aroma with soothing honey undertones. Honey myrtle shares the anti-microbial properties of its better known relative, the Lemon Myrtle, but is much gentler on the skin making it ideal as a soothing, refreshing accompaniment to macadamia oil in cosmetic application.